Thursday, June 6, 2013

6/5/2013 CVS Mid-Week Haul

Oh yes, I am guilty of the mid-week visit to CVS. They sent me a 3 ECB credit for anything in the store that expired on Wednesday and how can you pass up 3 bucks? So I took advantage of a couple deals that are popular on the internet right now: the Revlon B1G50% + receive 4ECB, the CVS purse pack maxi pads, and Secret's Clinical Strength Sale. This was done in two separate transactions for maximum savings.  Personally, I was really excited about the purse pack deal simply because it always great when you get more ECB than you pay out of pocket for an item and also, because I can't wait to use that little pack to store random items in my purse! I love the paisley design on it and purple is my favorite color. =) Okay, now for the breakdown:


Transaction #1

2 Revlon Designer Collection Tweezers (each 7.49) Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off= 7.49+3.74 =11.23
1 Secret Clinical Strength (normally 9.99) on clearance for 4 each= 4

Coupons:
3 off Secret Clinical Strength greater than .5 oz
3 Emailed ECB
9 ECBs from previous purchase

Final Outcome:
2 Revlon Designer Collection Tweezers (each 7.49) Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off= 7.49+3.74 =11.23 (-3 ECB from email)= 8.23, receive 4 ECB
1 Secret Clinical Strength (normally 9.99) on clearance for 4 each= 4 (-3 mnf q)= 1.00 or 90% normal price

9.23- 9 ECB from previous purchase= 0.23

Subtotal 0.23
Tax 0.98
Total: 1.21, receive 4 ECB

So yea, I finally cashed out on some of my ECBs. I thought since I earned 3 extra ECB last time and got 3 ECB in the mail, might as well get some pretty tweezers that I've been waiting on. After the ECB's redeemed in this transaction, I technically spent 6.21, which is still less than the cost of any of those items by themselves.


Transaction #2

2 Maxi Pad Pack (1ct) x 1.99 ea= 3.98, receive 4 ECB (Free After ECB!)
1 Cucumber Aloe Facial Mask (normally, 2.57) on sale for 1.29= 1.29 (DIY Spa Day with the Little Sis)

Coupons: 4 ECB

5.27 - 4 ECB from previous transaction= 1.27

Final Outcome:
Subtotal 1.27
Tax 0.42
Total 1.69, receive 4 ECB


So total was $2.90 out of pocket for two tweezers, one clinical strength deodorant, two maxi pads with purse pack, and one spa facial mask. However, I spent 5 ECB on this transaction and so, technically, my two transactions cost me 7.90 for a savings of 74%. The best part was I would have paid 7.90 for just one of those tweezers +tax AND I walked away with 4 ECB + 2 ECB from my previous purchase for next week's deals! Not to mention, today I just got a 25% off coupon from CVS in an email. You know what that means -some more extreme couponing next week! See you in my next post and keep up the couponing. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment